SC - big spice question

Helen him at gte.net
Sat Apr 10 07:53:05 PDT 1999

Philip wrote:

>Actually, Jasmine, nobody is allergic to garlic. What they are reacting to
>is a chemical in the little green shoot inside the cloves- it contains a
>substance which is mildly toxic, to which some people are more reactive
than
>others are. I've had a few friends who loved it, but wouldn't eat it
because
>they thought they had become allergic, removed the shoots, and fed them,
and
>they were just fine, not to mention grateful that they could go back to
>eating it again, once I explained.

No offense intended but this seems to smack of a set of carefree directions
on how to prepare the Japanese Blowfish dish.   Perhaps the following
caution should attached:

Most people can eat it as so prepared and they will be fine but it is
considered thoughtful by your relatives to make sure your life insurance is
paid up first just in case.
:-(\)

Daniel Raouil le Vascon du Navarre
Shaire of Sea March, Kingdom of Trimaris