SC -Supermarkets (was Wegman's)

THLRenata@aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Sat Apr 10 09:34:36 PDT 1999

At 02:39 10-4-99 -0700, Caroline wrote:
>I shopped at Safeway in California and Nevadea, and then in Washington
>DC on one trip. Now they've bought the Dominick's chain in Chicago and
>are moving in store brands. How many regions make "national"?

Safeway bought Dominick's?  Interesting....  I remember the uproar when
Dominick's was preparing to move into Waukegan IL, because rumour had it
that Dominick's was owned (or at least controlled) by the Mafia.

Alasdair mac Iain

Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie  [southeastern CT]
Barony Beyond the Mountain  [northern & southeastern CT]
East Kingdom
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and
in chief two mullets sable