SC - Wegman's

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Sat Apr 10 11:00:39 PDT 1999

Anihita writes:

>>One of the larger chains out west here is Safeway. It's in Northern
California and parts of Nevada (does it make it over the border to Oregon?)
and is a hugely rich and powerful corp. Believe me, selection isn't much of
a problem. Another large NoCal chain is Lucky (but they're sucky-you should
pardon the expression).<<

We have Lucky down here in SoCal, too, and the quality of the store differs
*hugely* by neighborhood.  The one near me has all sorts of exotic veggies
and things (it's the only place around here where I've found parsley roots).
And, of course, it has the advantage of not being a Ralph's.  (Are you seeing
a pattern here?;) )

We used to have Safeway down here, too and once upon a time Piggly Wiggly as
well.

Renata