SC - After feast

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Apr 11 08:41:42 PDT 1999

> I've found myself head of cleanup and doing a lot of it myself because
>no one volunteered
>beforehand nor when a call for volunteers was called out in the hall.
>Morgana

Well, having a small group to pull workers from is a problem, unless you
anticipate that in advance to work out your crews.  I find that asking
specific folks to do specific things ahead of time allows them to enjoy
the rest of the event, and then show up for the things they are slotted
for.  I have kitchen clean-up crews lined up well in advance of the event
to avoid that last minute "well, nobody out there responded to the
clean-up call for volunteers..." .  I have asked certain large Knights to
round up crews before as well, which worked fine, too. (That sort-of
depends on the winning personality of the Knight, though.  Having it set
ahead of time is best.)  We usually have more problems getting Sunday
site clean up handled, and the ahead-of-time planning is the only way to
ensure that the same 10% of the group isn't doing it time and time again.

Christianna