SC - Feast Enhancement Kit

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sun Apr 11 12:11:27 PDT 1999

Helen,

Why on earth did you allow this many people to be invited?  My sister had
an attendance of 350 at her wedding (She invited about 450) and I found at
times that it was a zoo. This was not an SCA type wedding but a traditional
Jewish wedding.  When my lord and I got married I insisted that we make it
small (To the tune of less than 200).  We had 166 people.  Yes I argued
with both my folks and his about inviting "the Whole synagogue" and
"everyone we know in the SCA".  My husband wanted to elope, but I wanted a
wedding.

Sindara

At 09:50 PM 4/10/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I wish it was less believe me!  Great advice but it will be alot of
people.  I was
>hoping if I told them they had to wear a costume it would keep them
away.... so far has
>not worked!!!!!!!   I really think that 400-450 will show and stay for the
first course
>at least!!!  The are so excited they can't wait and I know my family and
his, well over
>130 will stay all day!  We send out 350 invites  (read 700 people) and
have 200 people
>coming so far and 144 invites still unanswered.  It will be alot of
people.  I would
>rather waste food than not have enough to feed the masses!  And we have
paid staff to
>feed as well.  The guests are all renting costumes and everything and
family is driving
>for hours.  The only ones that will cut out after the first course are
folks I did not
>know (read dad's friends)  and many of them are really really excited by
this!

>Thanks,
>Helen
>
>>One caution. Are you sure you will be cooking for 400? I found out at our
>
>> medieval wedding that only some of the guests stayed for the dinner.
Many folks