SC - feast cleanup for the head cook

CONNECT@aol.com CONNECT at aol.com
Sun Apr 11 16:19:02 PDT 1999

Master Adamantius,

	Your 'Python'-esque version of cooking and clean-up was a scream!
Certainly puts a new light on the 'dinosaurs' amongst us!
	As to the real issue at hand, having watched people, listene to
conversations, and read posts, I have concluded that htis is a chronic
problem that is frequently 'rediscovered'. There really is no magical
'back when' in which everyone, regardless of rank, pitched in and no one
sat around or was overworked. At sometimes the ration of workers/sitters
is better than others, but there are always and will always be thos who
feel that their site fee entitles them to be entertained, and to have
others do for them. Until our peers learn that serving others brings honor
not only to the served but to the servant also, and until others will
realaize that the Society only functions as an entity when everyone puts
in not only enough energy to account for themselves but extra to fill in
the holes (on the teapot theory- put in a spoon of the tea for each and
one for the pot), then we will continue to revisit this thread.

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731