SC - After feast

Tollhase1@aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Sun Apr 11 21:59:18 PDT 1999

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999 LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/10/99 12:00:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> gwalli at infoengine.com writes:
>
> << I suppose I'm grateful my husband stopped me before I posted the sign
>  that said:
>
>       "Pay us an outrageous compliment, put on an apron, or leave." >>
>
> I see no problem with this sort of posting. When I  am Kitchen Steward, I
> routinely place my personal work station as close to the main door of the
> kitchen as possible specifically so i can stop anyone who comes in the door
> more than 1 step. The typical conversation is " Knives and recipes are over
> there. Can I help you?' or 'If you didn't come in here to work , you are
> using the wrong door.', etc., etc. I also usually designate a middle person
> to head off 'well wishers' and other sorts so only those with feast related
> problems of major importance have access to me during actual feast
> preperation.

The sign next to the kitchen door at our last Baronial Banquet warned the
non-workers attempting to enter that they did at their own risk as we
just might serve them in the third remove.  People who ignored that sign
were reminded that the McBean's (who were about 1/2 of the feast crew)
were hungry.  (For thos who don't know, the McBean's are a clan of
cannibals).

Isobel fytz Gilbert