SC - After feast

Heitman fiondel at fastrans.net
Mon Apr 12 21:30:24 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/12/99 6:07:56 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
ruadh at twcny.rr.com writes:

>  Oh, I let them in - I also believe that you learn best by doing, so if you
>  want to come into my kitchen and ask questions, I'm going to ask you to DO
>  something!

It has become almost a tradition in my War Kitchen that some young man (first
war) is sent to the kitchen to help with the chores.  He usually has never
helped cooked before.  I give him a knife and a bag of onions to peel.
Before the day is out, he has "cooked" a dish all by himself, and become a
convert.  I now have three young men (under 21) who are now my War
Apprentices, who each always show up at least once at every war to peel
onions for me, even if they are not staying in our camp.

Mordonna