SC - National Grocery Chains

Vanishwood@aol.com Vanishwood at aol.com
Tue Apr 13 20:21:45 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/13/99 11:06:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time, CONNECT at aol.com
writes:

<< I make up small gifts to hand out to people who help me. For the last
event I
 did, I made up red and white chocolate suckers in the shape of an elephant
 (our baronial badge and colors). These went over very well. :)

 Yours,
 Rosalyn MacGregor
 (Pattie Rayl) >>
 Yes, I agree that thank yous are always in order. Since my "kitchen crew"
has been myself and 2 close friends from the same household, I made up
butcher-type aprons for the 3 of us in 1" black and white checky fabric. The
fabric represents our household and the aprons sure make it easy for anyone
wandering into the kitchen to find someone with a clue to ask questions. For
this last feast, we had a new helper, only been in the Province/SCA for about
a year, but she spent an entire day pre-feast deboning chickens, a duck and a
turkey for the feast. On feast day I surprised her with her own checky apron
and asked her to be an honorary household member for the day. I later heard
that the apron meant so much to this graduating culinary arts student that
she wore it to prepare her final exam dinner at school. We have many other
folks that help in the kitchen most of the day and tell me that it is just a
fun, low stress, place to spend the event. Go figure.