SC - Feasts I will prepare

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Wed Apr 14 16:46:07 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/14/99 10:20:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Clay at talstar.com writes:

<< I do most of my feast work beforehand at
 home and then do only last minute stuff at the event.  >>

OTOH, I do all of my feast cooking and preparation on site. Mostly to
maintain some semblence of a 'medieval' kitchen. It is usual for me to be on
site  early Friday evening. Cooking unitl 3 or 4  am Sat. morning. Rest for a
couple of hours and begin anew at 8 am through until the feast has been
served (often around 9 or 10 pm when the last course goes out at which time I
am more often times than not very pale, weak and trembly.

Absolutely not your cheery, bubbly, confusing courtesy with a smiley face
type of  person. Unfortunately there are those who often confuse a lack of
physical stamina and emotional burn-out with the outward appearance of
discourtesy. Of course, by that time of the evening, not having been able to
even eat my own feast, and then hearing I had to pay for it all on top of
everything, I think that I would rather courteously tell them to ' bite my
b**t' or have them go do physically impossible things rather than deal with
with the obviously lack of sensitivy and  lack of empathy on the part of the
other person.

Ras