SC - mustard sauces

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Apr 14 21:23:53 PDT 1999

In Ansteorra, the feastocrat(not my favorite term I might add)is
responsible for making sure the feast is prepared and served.  This
includes shopping, research, presentation, servers, clean-up, etc.  This
feastocrat may choose to ask different people to take care of different
aspects of accomplishing this but they are ultimately in charge of making
sure it gets done.
The autocrat is the person in charge of everything else.  (Most of our
events here are Fri.-Sun. things with one big feast on Sat. night.)  When
we do an event, for example, the autocrat arranges for an add for the
Blackstar, reserves the site, goes out Thurs. night before the event to
poison ants and wasps, sets up pavilions and list fields, etc.  Once again
they may have several people in charge of different jobs but the buck stops
with them.
I've done both jobs.  I think feastocrating is harder because there are
fewer people running around that I feel cofident deligating those
responsibilities to.
Hope this helped.
gwyneth