SC - Tomatoes

snowfire@mail.snet.net snowfire at mail.snet.net
Thu Apr 15 05:28:25 PDT 1999

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/14/99 3:00:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> Vanishwood at aol.com writes:
>
> << could kill you with the raw eggs and all..but...if you love garlic
>   >>

> I'll eat it and take my chances. The eating of raw eggs has minimal danger.
> No more  than any oyther supposed bad warnings we get about most things in
> life from an over;y controlling government and the researchers they support.
> I would suspect your danger here is far less than getting cancer from
> breathing the burnt petroleum your automobile sews out  when you use it. Then
> again , it is much easier to get a people scared of eating perfectly good
> eggs than it is to stop them from poisoning the atmosphere...........
>
> Ras

All true, of course...

But...

Unlike other food-borne illnesses, salmonella is a b***h to get rid of,
and acquiring a case of it can have professional consequences (or at
least this was the case until quite recently where I live): health and
food-service professionals are required to take a minimum of a month off
from their jobs to recuperate and be repeatedly tested before returning
to work.

Let's take the diatribe about how wrong people think that is as read,
shall we? It's just something to consider, and to investigate the legal
ramifications where you live.

I still eat sauces made with raw egg, and abhor eggs cooked until they
resemble erasers. It's a risk I'm prepared to take, but I'll at least
consider my options when asking others to take it.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com