SC - Fw: [TY] Medieval humor -sort of

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu Apr 15 14:01:48 PDT 1999

Ok, I'm going to take this dishwashing thread as an opportunity to brag
on one of my Barony's hardest working subjects.   His name is Lord Ceric
of Marsten, and he is such a nice guy. Just generally nice, but
specifically, too.   Let me start out by saying that Ceric has some of
the most severe and comprehensive food allergies I have ever encountered.
 He is allergic to, among other things, corn, wheat, dairy, sugar,
artificial sweeteners and all forms of glucose, etc.  He also gets severe
skin dermatitis when he encounters detergent.
	Having said all that, I can now tell you about what a remarkable job he
does, at every single event he has been to (with the exception of the one
he volunteered for another job for, and we refused to let him) been the
dishwasher, dishroom attendant, and feast cleaner-upper.   He brings his
own Rubbermaid gloves to every event, so his hands don't encounter
detergent.  He brings his own food, so he doesn't have to worry about the
allergies (and I think he pays in full at every event).  He runs the
Hobart, completely cleans and refills it, and mans the thing the entire
event.  He also scrubs the big pots, baking pans, etc.  We didn't know
about his allergies until we started noticing he was in the kitchen
instead of eating feast.  It was only after quite a few questions that
the extent of his allergies became known, because he just doesn't talk
about it.  When asked, he will answer politely, but he just doesn't make
a big deal about it.
	He got his AoA some time back, and has been squired by one of our
longest (nicer than saying oldest) knights, and is also the Baronial
Quartermaster (keeps track of our stuff).  So, it isn't like he doesn't
have other interests.  He is also a chemist mundanely, I think.  (Some
kind of scientist.)
	If I could, I would make a gift of clones of Lord Ceric for each and
every one of you to have in every feast hall.  I am so darned lucky to
have him I just can't tell you.
	So, there, a clean up story with a happy (what, not an ending? tangent?
how about twist?) side.
	Christianna