SC - You're gonna love this

Heitman fiondel at fastrans.net
Thu Apr 15 17:17:13 PDT 1999

Phlip,

I think you do not understand the true nature of
food allergies.  Do not encourage anyone with an
allergy to try something with "their meds and a
phone nearby".  That is extremely irresponsible!!!

Not all food allergies involve breathing problems.
I have an allergy to capsicum, which is the main
substance of all peppers.  It gives peppers their
hot taste.  If I have even the tiniest bit of pepper,
I get extremely ill, with diarrhea, and vomitting.
On top of that, I get lesions on my legs that take
weeks to heal and leave permanent marks.  I once
had a "friend" who didn't believe that my allergy
was real and feed me a sauce with pureed bell
peppers in it.  Although I didn't eat very much
of it, before I realized what she had done, I was sick
for three days despite my taking my meds immediately.
I am no longer speaking to this "friend".

The lady said that she had a legitimate allergy to
garlic, and had spoken to her allergist about it.
Believe her.  Take anyone seriously who says they
have food allergies.  Do not ever feed anyone
food they are allergic to, thinking that "just
a little won't hurt them" or "no one is allergic
to garlic".  If you do, you may not kill them, but
you will make them very, very ill and they just may
want to kill you for putting them through such
misery.

Huette