SC - Rose water

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Fri Apr 16 14:51:36 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/15/99 11:57:34 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Seton1355 at aol.com writes:

<< I have a rose bush that has never been sprayed with insecticide.  When the
 roses come out, should I just collect the petals and but them in a jar of
 rose water?
 In the fridge?
 Do you keep adding rose petals to the same water as they bloom?
 Anybody ever make their own rose water! >>

Rose water is a distilled product.  Rose petals in water is an infused
product, so what you end up with is, in essence (excuse the pun) rose tea.
Not the same critter at all, but tasty.

Renata ::whose father the chemist gave her an hour long leacture on the
process after she made the mistake of asking::