SC - First Feast

kat kat at kagan.com
Mon Apr 19 11:43:38 PDT 1999

I concur, being allergic to palm products and mushrooms, it severely curtails the
convenience foods that we use around here, plus i never really got the taste for
many of them. We have a larger volume of garbage than many houses, with the
trimmings, peelings and stuff like that and a lot less recyclables-tin cans, soda
bottles and the like.

We regularly go through about 10 lbs salt a year, about 50 gallons of red and
white wine [we buy it in 17 litre boxes for cooking, this amount doesnt count
drinking wine, Max brings that over!] 4-8 oz each of various herbs like oregano,
marjoram, thyme, parsley[well, maybe more parsley, like 12 oz dried and fresh on
occasion] tarragon, bay, rosemary....
probably 3 to 4 lbs [yep, lbs] candied crystalized ginger-we use it as a candy
too
2-3 lbs assorted colors of pepper corn,
galengal, cubebs, long pepper, mahlab, garum masala, other spice blends...

so we do a lot of food experimentationaround here, but we also like to cook and
we all play with our food here.

margali