SC - Its All Geography (Was: Carne con chile)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Apr 19 18:53:59 PDT 1999

>I have a rose bush that has never been sprayed with insecticide.  When the
>roses come out, should I just collect the petals and but them in a jar of
>rose water?
>In the fridge?
>Do you keep adding rose petals to the same water as they bloom?
>Anybody ever make their own rose water!
>Phillipa

Phillipa-

I make rose water every year. As you noted, it is important to use petals
that have never been sprayed with insecticide. I usually pull off several
handfulls of petals into a collander and then wash them in cold water.
Mostly, I'm trying to get rid of any stray bugs. Drop them into a sauce
pan, and just cover them with water. Heat gently on the stove. My rose bush
is a lovely deep pink shade, and the water is tinted by the petals. When
the petals (or what's left of them) turn pasty white, and the water is rose
colored, I strain the petals out of the water. I often put a new batch of
petals in to make it even stronger, but it isn't absolutely necessary. It
will keep for quite a while in the refrigerator.

- -Margritte

Gryphon's Moon - 14K Gold & Silver Celtic rings and more!
To make your shopping easier we accept VISA & MasterCard.

Check out our web site at: <http://www.gryphonsmoon.com>
Or email us at <mailto:sales at gryphonsmoon.com>