SC - distillation, was -another-Rose water question-OT,OOP

Cindy Renfrow renfrow at skylands.net
Tue Apr 20 07:41:00 PDT 1999

Hi!  I found it.  It's from Epulario (1598), p. 32:

To make mustard which may be carried in Bals.
Beat the mustard seed as aforesaid*, then take grapes well stamped, adding
thereto Sinamon and Cloves, then make what fashion bals you will round or
square, and set them on a table to dry, and being dry, you may carry them
whether you will.  And when you will use them, temper them with a little
veriuice, vinegar, sodden wine, or Bastard wine."

*"Take mustard seed & let it soke for the space of two daies, and change
the water often, that it may be the whiter..."

Regards,

Cindy Renfrow/Sincgiefu
renfrow at skylands.net
Recipes"