SC - Brewing list

Cindy Renfrow renfrow at skylands.net
Tue Apr 20 07:41:23 PDT 1999

Hello!  There is a wonderful book  called "Banquetting Stuffe", which has
recipes (originals & worked out versions) plus descriptions of historic
'banquets' or dessert courses, & the fanciful rooms or buildings in which
they were held.  It's a great source for ideas.

>From the cover "To Elizabethan and Stuart diners the piece de resistance of
a meal was the 'banquet'; the fashionable and decorative dessert course.
Not only did the banquet inspire new recipes and literature, but it even
provided a new architectural genre, the banqueting-house. These papers from
the first Leeds Symposium on Food History and Traditions look at all
aspects of 'Banquetting Stuffe', examining the origins and early history of
the banquet, the recipe literature, and its social and architectural
setting."
Ed. by C. Anne Wilson, Edinburgh Univ. Press, 22 George Square, Edinburgh,
1986.  ISBN 0-7486-0282-8.

HTH,

Cindy Renfrow/Sincgiefu
renfrow at skylands.net