SC - Distilling

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Apr 20 08:53:51 PDT 1999

hi all from Anne-Marie
The Madrone CulinaryGuild and I are planning an  upcoming charity banquet.
Here's a tentative (!)
menu. Please comment as to balance, etc. Yes, its a lot of different
dishes, but
they're paying $60 a head for this. We thought to give them lots of little
tastes of
lots of things. Of course, this is all due to change if we cant figure out
how
to bake everything, etc.

We're cooking for a dozen or so food "adventurers", plus about 10 cooks,
servers, musicans, a "duke and duchess", shills, etc. in a private home
kitchen. Lots of burners, one oven and a woodfired brick bread oven. oodles
of counter space.

On the table:
stuffed eggs (think deviled eggs)
yrchouns (slightly sweet-spicy meatball units)
pickled asparagus
bread
butter

First course:
roast lamb with sauce robert or else beef olives (lamb with a mustard caper
sauce, or else beefsteaks rolled and stuffed with herbs, etc. stewed in a
spicy
broth)
chicken pastellum (chicken with sage and bacon, wrapped in pastry)
leek pouree (leeks stewed in almond milk)
buttered shrimps (shrimp with a butter, wine and citrus sauce)
carrots a la varenne (carrots with a balsamic vinegar reduction sauce)
compound salat
fish day rissole (the one with fish in it) (fruit and nut and white fish)
ruzzige cake (bread with cheese and fresh herbs)

Second course:
Eduardos Stuffed Pork roast (stuffed with cheese and spices)
Edens rissotto (cheesy starchy unit)
salat of cold hen (cold and crunchy, chicken and apples and onion)
mushroom tarts (slightly sweet mushroom and cheese tart)
stuffed salmon (stuffed with herbs and in a slightly citrus sauce)
buttered onions (apples and onions baked with butter)

Third Course:
tartes of pear (think toast with pear jam)
marchpanes (sugarcookies with marzapan decorations
douctes (a saffrony custard tart)
ypocras (spiced wine)
cherries in snow (the only periooide dish...cherries stewed in ruby port
and spices with whipped cream. If we feel too guilty, we'll do wardyns in
syrrop)
candied orange peel
ices

So! seems to me there's a lot of cheese in the second course...any other
feedback? We've also gotten comments that there's too much meat.
Comments are appreicated...we'd like to keep this as period as possible
(part of the Period-is-tasty crusade :)).

thanks,
- --AM