SC - Its All Geography (Was: Carne con chile)

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Tue Apr 20 09:32:45 PDT 1999

FWIW, I have checked into this.
Alas, technically, ALL Distilling in the US is forbidden without license.

HOWEVER, It is MUCH easier to get a license for non-potable product distillation, such as getting essential oils. OR making fuel, or Distilled water for non-drinking purposes.

I do not know what class the production of foodgrade rosewater would fall into, however. I think that the ATF could tell you what the requirements are in such a case.

brandu

>>> "Paul Shore" <shore at dcainc.com> 04/20 11:31 AM >>>
> Distilling is a no-no in the US without a special permit to do so BUT
> brewing is definitely not a no-no. Different states allow differnet
> amounts, SFAIK.

Is distilling the essential oils in rose water, covered by the statutes that
govern distilling alcohol?

Arglwydd Aeddan ap Trahaearn
Shire of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra