SC - Distillation

Brian Songy bxs3829 at usl.edu
Tue Apr 20 11:55:39 PDT 1999

- ------ =_NextPart_001_01BE8B5E.2AD71C70

Last night I was in cooking/baking mode (the office really likes that -
brownies and muffins this time).  Since I was in the kitchen I decided to do
some experimenting.  I decided for my first period recipe I would try
Sekainjabin.  I have been wanting to try it since I first had it at the
Storvik post pennsic revel.  I have a couple of questions though.  The batch
came out pretty well I think  I am diluting it A LOT but I think once I get
used to the flavor that will change.  The recipe says that it will store
unrefrigerated.  How long should I expect it to stay good?  I'm pretty much
the only person who will be drinking it and I am beginning to wonder if I
will have plenty to take to Pennsic with me.  :-)

Also the recipe said to put in the mint leaves and let the mixture cool.  Do
I take out the mint once the syrup cools or leave them in while I am storing
it?  Will the length of time the mint is in the syrup add to the mint flavor
or should I take them out now?

On the good news I ordered my computer to day so I should have a new email
address for my house.  :-)  In the meantime, I am still using my company
account to mail so please respond to Orlaith at usa.net

Thanks

Orlaith
Orlaith at usa.net

- ------ =_NextPart_001_01BE8B5E.2AD71C70

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.0.1460.9">
<TITLE>Questions on Sekainjabin</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Last night I was in cooking/baking =
mode (the office really likes that - brownies and muffins this =
time).  Since I was in the kitchen I decided to do some =
experimenting.  I decided for my first period recipe I would try =
Sekainjabin.  I have been wanting to try it since I first had it =
at the Storvik post pennsic revel.  I have a couple of questions =
though.  The batch came out pretty well I think  I am =
diluting it A LOT but I think once I get used to the flavor that will =
change.  The recipe says that it will store unrefrigerated.  =
How long should I expect it to stay good?  I'm pretty much the =
only person who will be drinking it and I am beginning to wonder if I =
will have plenty to take to Pennsic with me.  <FONT =
FACE=3D"Wingdings" SIZE=3D2>J</FONT></FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Also the recipe said to put in the =
mint leaves and let the mixture cool.  Do I take out the mint once =
the syrup cools or leave them in while I am storing it?  Will the =
length of time the mint is in the syrup add to the mint flavor or =
should I take them out now?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">On the good news I ordered my computer =
to day so I should have a new email address for my house.  <FONT =
FACE=3D"Wingdings" SIZE=3D2>J</FONT></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">  In the meantime, I am still using my company =
account to mail so please respond to Orlaith at usa.net</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Orlaith</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Orlaith at usa.net</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>