SC - Malmens Bastard

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Tue Apr 20 21:18:40 PDT 1999

Thank you to those who replied to my note.  I think I will simply remove the
cayenne next time unless someone can advise a substitute (the recipe already
calls for black pepper - add more?).  As for the lemons, they are extremely
important as they make the skin crispy.  I can have them if I'm rich, right?

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> Hmmm. What don't you like about research?

Too many years of school I guess.  I'm not very good with messing around with
ingredients, but I can follow a recipe.  I don't mind trying new ones.  Can you
folks recommend good period cookbooks as well as where to find them?  So far I
just have Pleyn Delit.

As for the question of why multiple feastocrats is bad...
The kitchen had two stoves.  First remove didn't need them but second and third
both did.  As third, I had to pre-cook everything and then quickly warm it up at
the sight (which was three hours from my home - I think my car will always smell
of garlic :>  With one head cook this could be avoided.
As for other problems, I can't really go into that without saying mean things
about one of the other cooks.  Mom always said " If you can't say anything nice,
don't say anything at all".

Caitlin