SC - Its All Geography - OT

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Wed Apr 21 06:52:10 PDT 1999

>> be serving 160 people and will need 20 tables.   So can anyone think
of
>> some the names of Henry's favorite palaces and/or hunting lodges?
>They name the tables?  Whatever for?

Schtick, "presentation", great good fun, ease of identification, etc.

Your local full-service restaurants in the modern age name
tables as well, they just use numbers instead.

Why do they name buildings on college campuses, or rooms in
hospitals, or streets in your town? Descendant of the same
variation -- easier reference, commemoration of donations,
acknowledgment of history

Mike C. Baker
SCA: Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
"Other": Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard)
My opinions are my own -- who else would want them?
e-mail: kihe at ticnet.com OR kihe at rocketmail.com