SC - RE: Cherry soup? Or cherry pudding?

Butterfield, Margaret msbutterfield at mail.aacc.cc.md.us
Wed Apr 21 08:11:40 PDT 1999

>> be serving 160 people and will need 20 tables.   So can anyone
think
>of
>> some the names of Henry's favorite palaces and/or hunting lodges?
>>They name the tables?  Whatever for?
>
>Schtick, "presentation", great good fun, ease of identification, etc.
>
>Your local full-service restaurants in the modern age name
>tables as well, they just use numbers instead.
>SCA: Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra

Hmmm, I guess the closest we come is nameing the table for the server!
 "Charlotte's table needs more water", "Damon's table needs some of
the vegetarian soup", serves the practical purpose that the numbers
would.  In our area, I've never seen the serving organized as well as
I hear of it being done elsewhere.  A few people like to serve and do
it well and often, but no schtick.  Most servers are last minute
volunteers, or people from tables roped into it and there is not
organized schtick.  I may have to volunteer to be a hall steward next,
cause I'd like to see some spiff and schtick.  What kind a schtick do
you do with named tables?

Bonne