SC - Its All Geography (Was: Carne con chile)

Melusine L Swepston mdepeyriac at juno.com
Wed Apr 21 12:41:28 PDT 1999

Hi.  I roast goats on a regular basis (my boss raises goats and sheep).
Goats are mostly bone so be prepared for possibly small portions.  Goats are
very tasty, rather sweetish but not like lamb.  Generally I will take a
fresh killed goat and let it "age" for up to a week in the refrigerator.  I
then I quarter it (some do this at the kill) and make a lovely marinade for
it as follows:  Olive oil, garlic, bay leaf, oregano, pepper, salt and 1/2
cup sherry.  I leave it to marinade two days then put foil on the grill and
keep an eye on it, basting as it slowly cooks.   Generally you can come up
with your own favorite oil based marinade.  Goats, like venison, have no fat
so you must be sure it is an oil based marinade.
I have other ways of cooking the little dears so if needs want, just ask.