SC - Greetings and Chicken

Wendy penguin2 at telusplanet.net
Wed Apr 21 16:50:18 PDT 1999

Greetings!
  I will be using the dish from the Forme of Cury called "Makke" (p 41/A21)
as redacted in Cariadoc's Miscellany for an upcoming feast.  Can anyone tell
me how this name is pronounced?  I would like to stress its true name from
the beginning to avoid having it tagged "medieval refried beans", which it
greatly resembles in color and texture (and somewhat in taste as well).  I
could see it being pronounced anywhere from "make" to "Mah-kee" to "muck", so
I really need some help!

Brangwayna Morgan