Dirt in yer food, was RE: SC - Sauces / garlic aoli

William Seibert a14h at zebra.net
Thu Apr 22 08:41:30 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/22/1999 10:44:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

> While federal law allows the manufacture of up to two hundred gallons of
>  wine or beer.  It usually requires a state permit and it does not cover
>  distilled beverages.  The precise wording on my wife's permit is,
>  "Manufacturing must be accomplished by a process of simple fermentation
>  without distillation."  That suggests that home distillation of alcoholic
>  beverages is frowned upon.

Checked the rules, and the comment I was replying to was the business about
being able to distill alcohol for home use, at least that's the way I read it
at the time.
It's been so long and this thread has come so far who knows anymore? There's
always somebody at one of my brew/vint classes that insists distillation is
legal in some fashion for home use. It just isn't so. If it were I'd fire up
a small still myself. It's got to be closer to period than the steeped
liqueurs I make now.

Corwyn