SC - Some (more) modernized Forme of Cury

Wade Hutchison whutchis at bucknell.edu
Fri Apr 23 07:13:58 PDT 1999

>From what I can determine, you are OK as long as no Alcohol is produced in the process.

That does not mean the alcohol is discarded, it means not produced
Brandu

Ras said:
> mermayde at juno.com writes:
> << and of course
>  >here in
>  >the US that's a no no. >>
>
> Distilling is a no-no in the US without a special permit to do so BUT brewing
> is definitely not a no-no. Different states allow differnet amounts, SFAIK.

Is *all* distilling illegal though? Or just that done for drinking?

If I were to distill the rosewater for use in these other uses that
have been detailed here, is it illegal? I really don't think I want
to drink what I distill anyway because of safety concerns. But if
all distilling is illegal wouldn't this mean the experiments I used
to do in chemistry, inside or outside of school, were illegal?

However, as I mentioned previously, there are several different ways
to make rosewater, and distilling is only one of them.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****