SC - weekend event

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Apr 23 07:18:13 PDT 1999

Here's another one, and I have some more in the works.  I'm glad to
see that someone else does redaction this way, as well.  Is this
useful to others out there?

Could you supply the chapter, and recipe number for the ones you
'translated', Allison?

Vor Mete of Cpree/For Meat of Cyprus
Diuersa Cibaria, #56

First take almonds and blanch/peel them.  Of one part blanch and leave
whole, of the other grind.  Take the whole almonds and cut them in quarters.
 Then take fat broth and suet of pork or other meat.  Temper your almonds
and then draw out the milk and put it in a ‘fair crock’.  Then take the meat
of capons, hens or pork and cut them up and then grind them well in a
mortar.  Take it and add it to the milk.  Take the blood of chicken or of
other beast and grind it and add it to the flesh.  Take the crock to the
fire and seethe it well.  Take good powder of spices: ginger, cinnamon,
mace, cubebs and seethe it with these foods (meats).  Then take wine and
sugar and make a strong syrup.   Do it in this to seethe.  Take flour of
rice and add enough that it be well thickened.  Then take the almonds
quartered and fry them well in grease.  Then take ginger, peel and dice it.
Take the fried almonds and the ginger to the serving plate and take this
food (these meats) and take saffron and color well the meat and serve that
to good men for good and rich meat.

	-----wade/Gille