SC - Re: Charles Perry

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Apr 26 21:52:30 PDT 1999

At 5:11 PM -0700 4/26/99, Huette von Ahrens wrote:
>Cariadoc,
>
>You keep mentioning Charles Perry.  Is he the same
>Charles Perry who writes for the LA Times Food
>Section?

Yes.

>What cookbooks has he published/translated?

Ibn al Mubarrad (15th c middle eastern, published in PPC years back, and
included in my collection) and Manuscrit Anonimo (13th c. Andalusian,
included in volume II of my collection)

>I have
>been looking for him on RLIN and on Amazon.com
>and I can't find that he has published anything under
>his own name.

So far as I know he hasn't.

>Are you planning to publish the cookbook
>that he translated for you?

I published it years ago; it is part of volume II of the collection of
primary source material that I sell.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/