SC - Re: Help! seeing double, triple

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Apr 27 12:56:54 PDT 1999

Allison Hewett wrote:

> > Nope, I'm to the East of the Hudson. Should I be practicing my "Ayuh,"
> > and my "Can't get theah from heah" in front of the mirror now??? ;  )
>
> Noooooo!  The only people who can properly say "Ayuh" are those born in Maine!  ;->
>
> Even I, born there but with parents from New Jersey, cannot fool a true Downeaster...:-)

All right. If I'm logistically barred from being a New Englander and a
Southerner, let's see if you can pronounce the requisite "wawrsh"
(meaning to lave or clean with soap and water) and "hunnerd" (denoting a
number reached by adding one to ninety-nine), to qualify as a resident
of upstate New York. Otherwise you have to move. Oh, and one more little
formality: how many spiedies have you eaten in the past six months? I
believe the minimum semi-annual requirement of something like 43 skewers
is still law all through the Southern Tier.

Sniff...all I wanted was a place to beloooonnngggg...... ;  )

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com