SC - Need Author

Ann Sasahara ariann at nmia.com
Tue Apr 27 16:00:49 PDT 1999

> "Cut up boiled lean meat finely, and when it has been cut up, cook it again
> in rich broth for half an hour, first adding ground bread crust, a bit of
> pepper, and a little saffron. When it has cooled a little, add beaten eggs,
> ground cheese, parsley, marjoram, and finely chopped mint with a bit of
> verjuice. Put these in the same pot, mixed and stirred at the same time,
> stirring slowly with a spoon so as they do not stick together. The same can
> even be done with livers and lung."
>
> It sounds very much like that could be, effectively, a thick stew, depending
> on how much broth you decide to create this with.

> Honos Servio,
> Lionardo Acquistapace, Bjornsborg, Ansteorra

I don't think that's really what we've been discussing though. That looks
more like a meat porridge than what we consider a "stew". What the
main thrust of the discussion seems to be is if there were any meat/veggie
combination soups/stews/porridges. The closest I've seen is meat cooked
with leeks such as a blanche porrey.

But the search continues.

Yours,

Gunthar