SC - gardening question

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Tue Apr 27 16:58:04 PDT 1999

Greetings,

Looking through the Daedalus Books catalog, I see that this book:

> Hammond, P.A. FOOD AND FEAST IN MEDIEVAL ENGLAND. Alan
> Sutton. 1003.  A very good comprehensible book on food and foodways
> of the middle ages.  Plenty of good pictures.  RECOMMENDED.

      quoted from the bibliography by Jaelle of Armida
      which is in my Florilegium (cookbooks-bib).

is available from them for $9.98. Their catalog number for this
book is: 90031. They do have a website at: http:www.daedalusbooks.com
and an order number at: 1-800-395-2665. For Canada and outside the US:
410-309-2705. I couldn't make their online order form work and ended
up calling them anyway, which is how I have ordered from them in the past.

They do charge a $4.95 per order handling fee.

The book's regular price is: 18.99 pounds.

I found this book at my local Half-Price Books store a week or two
ago for the same price, so I didn't order it from Daedalus, but
I thought some of you might want to know about this.

The book does not have recipes, but it does seem to give a fairly
good overview of food history for England. There are a few points
that I might quibble with the author but I would recommend it,
especially at this price.

Lord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net