SC - krapen baked in oil

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Apr 28 22:41:21 PDT 1999

Ruadh commented:
> Stefan and I tried to pull something together at the last minute at gulf
> wars, but it started to rain a LOT so he left and I was hiding inside.
> Someone told me the a gentleman came by asking about it, but the person that
> gentleman talked to didn't know anything about it, and I was, as I said,
> inside trying to dry off from a day spent, at my king's order, helping other
> people pack up who were not as lucky as we were to have cabins, and
> therefore totally forgot!  (My apologies to the gentleman who did come by!)
>
> Anyway, the point to that story is it's better to pull this stuff together
> before hand and in a public place then at the last minute and in a private
> camp, to avoid just these kinds of problems!

This is something I wanted to comment on and ask others about, but just
hadn't gotten around to it since Gulf Wars.

When Ruadh and I decided to do something about having a get together,
there seemed to be very few channels to get the word out. I think we
decided on things Wed. night. Surprisingly, I was able to get it into
the noon heraldic announcements on Thursday morning and into the
Thursday edition of the Gulf Wars paper.

Did anyone here that was at Gulf Wars ever see these announcements?
Would it have helped if you had known to look for the final details
in these items? I think in either case, it shows it is better to arrange
the details ahead of time. And to arrange for a dry location for the
get-together in case it rains.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: