SC - SC Peacocks - (was: gardening question)

Tollhase1@aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Thu Apr 29 19:20:57 PDT 1999

- -----Original Message-----
From: Mordonna22 at aol.com <Mordonna22 at aol.com>
To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG <sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG>
Date: Thursday, April 29, 1999 9:40 PM
Subject: Re: New World fish - was Re: SC - Is tarragon period?

Was written:

dugongs

This is I believe an old world critter native to the Red Sea and Indian
Ocean, possibly extinct.

West Indian Manatee now that is a diferent critter entirely.  Just saw one,
maybe two, last week in the Miami River,  in Miami Florida.  Being a
geologist I was taking a sedimental journey regarding the proposed dredging
of contaminated sediments.  Cute but ugly.   Columbus's sailors must have
been at sea far to long to mistake them for mermaids.   No Ras I do not have
a recipe for them I looked.