SC - Re: coffee? tea!

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Fri Apr 9 09:08:58 PDT 1999

>Now, I wonder how that would be in a mug of amaretto or blackberry
>tea???
> Dunking a tea bag I can manage first thing!
>
>Regards,
>
>Allison

Actually, I have pretty much given up coffee, because I gave up dairy,
and I just can't do coffee without cream and sugar.  Herb teas, on the
other hand, I am beginning to appreciate without any sweetening at all.
I find that many 'sweet' flavors (peppermint comes to mind) are better
without the taste of honey over them.  There are certain teas (dandelion,
comfrey) that nothing helps, it is actually worse when sweetened.  Then
there's the flavored teas (Amaretto Nights, for example) that have Stevia
in them.  I find the flavor of Stevia so extremely cloying, unless used
in miniscule amounts, that I'd just as soon use *gasp* white, granulated
sugar.  Which I usually don't, now.
Christianna