SC - wedding feasts numbers

Helen him at gte.net
Sun Apr 11 09:53:47 PDT 1999

Hi Christianna,
    I believe that is exactly what is happening.  All my dad's stuffy lawyer
type friends are renting medieval costumes and talking about this much more than
the usual church/country club wedding my small town sees.  They are so excited
that even the declines are signed Lord and lady Soandso.  (think my invites
really set the tone)  Thanks for the loan of your Aunt Mary, but I have tons and
they are all coming in garb!   Some of them are more excited than me to do
this.  I think everything will be great and it will be as period as I can
reasonably make it.  The first course will be on trenchers!  I also will be
pleased with any attempt at costume.  I feel it is the atmosphere of "let your
hair down" you get in any costume that is important and if your friend comes to
my wedding in his Civil War outfit, then he can guard the Fort.
    My family is really getting into this to and get this.....DAD IS WEARING
TIGHTS!  (his legs could account for the high turn out.  More than one guest has
said they would not miss my dad in tights for the world. )
    If you have time, please tell me more about your wedding and you can respond
privately if you wish.  (but I think there maybe one or two other brides still
on this list)  If you want to see the invites they are scanned at my site:
www.weddingthemes.com

                                        thanks,
                                        Helen