SC - feast cleanup for the head cook

CONNECT at aol.com CONNECT at aol.com
Sun Apr 11 16:19:02 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/10/99 12:49:08 PM, gwalli at infoengine.com writes:

<< >Absolutely outrageous. Jasmine, where was your clean up crew? Sometimes
you
>have to gently nudge the clean up situation but as head cook you should
>never never
>never never have to clean up after you have done a feast. >>

Please pardon my jumping in, but where on earth did this expectation come
from? No one cleans up after me at home when I make a big meal, except me.

I fully expect, and the other cooks in our barony that I've encountered also
have this expectation, to clean up after the feast. That's part and parcel of
doing a feast. One does all the prep work ahead of time, does the cooking the
day of, and does the cleaning up after. If one doesn't want to do the work of
cleaning up, one shouldn't do the feast, IMNSHO.

Your humble servant,
Lady Rosalyn MacGregor
(Pattie Rayl)