SC - Odd grains (was wheat vs. spelt)

Wade Hutchison whutchis at bucknell.edu
Mon Apr 12 06:29:05 PDT 1999

I just had a woman at a (medieval) conference that I was attending
over the weekend tell me about this stuff - it is apparently a
Chinese rice that cooks up purple!  The marketing spin has
something to do with the "fact" that this rice is forbidden
because it was reserved for the Emperor only.  She said I
should find some, and that it was very good.  I'll have
to check my local nat. food store.
	-----wade/Gille