SC - After feast

Heitman fiondel at fastrans.net
Mon Apr 12 21:30:24 PDT 1999

>The last chance I got to really help was the 12th Night before our Coronation
>there were very few people left in the hall and I got to clean the bathrooms
>because the lady who was there from out of state was too exhausted to do it.
>I enjoyed my last bit of grunt work before people considered me "too
important"
>to get to do it.
>Yours,
>Gunthar
>Rex Ansteorra (wannabe kitchen drudge)

Oh, this brings up a GOOD story.  During his, (I think) third reign as
Mid-Realm King, a gentleman I know attended a feast.  The clean up
crew was a little sparse (the story goes it was a winter event, and
a LOT of people were encouraged to scoot, before they got snowed in).
So, here was His Majesty, scrubbing pots.  He had stripped off his
new court tunic, so as not to ruin it, but couldn't find anywhere safe
to put the crown, so he left it on.  There he stood.  Pants, boots,
crown, up to his elbows in suds.  A dewy-eyed new member did a double
and triple take, and then said "Why, Your Majesty, I'm surprised your
court would allow you to do such work."  He paused, and replied,
"Most of the members of my court were either fighting in, or being
fought for in, the tournament in which I won this crown.  If I want
to scub pots, how are they going to stop me?"

:)

Fiondel