SC - Re: SC: After Feast

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Tue Apr 13 09:34:48 PDT 1999

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 grasse at mscd.edu wrote:

> I physically need to sit and
> rest, though I will sit in or near the kitchen and answer questions (That
> is a Baronial platter; that belongs to the site; No, the towel is from my
> personal stock...)

A very important point and one not yet made.  The head cook has to stay
until the bitter, bitter end, whether cleaning or not, because he or she
is usually the only one who knows what belongs to the group, what belongs
to the site and where it goes, and what belongs to him or her personally.

I usually bring a laundry basket for all the wet dishtowels (mine
personally) and do my best to mark my pots, pans, boards, and utensils
with bright fingernail polish so they are easily recognizable.

Elaina