SC - big spice question

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Sat Apr 17 23:35:46 PDT 1999

- --------------0257B0A190C2C67772698523

I   on the other hand was raised in the east, and make my chili when i bother to
make it for myself and to my taste in a really bastardized way, coarsly chopped
beef, a large bottle of salsa crudo, a can of toatos and a can of kidney beans,
and a can of the refritos with salsa. It is quick, easy and a comfort food
because it reminds me of the canned chili we used to get at the catholic day
school i went to for a while. While I do like mild chili the way rob normally
makes it ; chunks of beef, scotch bonnets, anchos and onion,  with cumin,
cilantro and a few other things, I am basically lazy and do the quick version
for myself. I learned that it has to be bottled salsa to taste right, though rob
does make a good salsa crudo, it tastes different enough not to match my memory.

margali

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> AND YOU PUT BELL PEPPERS IN IT? FOR SHAME!!! Next thing you'll tell me
> you also include tomatoes and beans. And your roommate is from Texas?
> More on what we actually were talking about, later. ;  )
> Adamantius

- --------------0257B0A190C2C67772698523

chili when i bother to make it for myself and to my taste in a really bastardized
way, coarsly chopped beef, a large bottle of salsa crudo, a can of toatos
and a can of kidney beans, and a can of the refritos with salsa. It is
quick, easy and a comfort food because it reminds me of the canned chili
we used to get at the catholic day school i went to for a while. While
I do like mild chili the way rob normally makes it ; chunks of beef, scotch
bonnets, anchos and onion,  with cumin, cilantro and a few other things,
I am basically lazy and do the quick version for myself. I learned that
it has to be bottled salsa to taste right, though rob does make a good
salsa crudo, it tastes different enough not to match my memory.</font>
thing you'll tell me

- --------------0257B0A190C2C67772698523--