SC - Sauce Class

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Mon Apr 19 18:42:55 PDT 1999

>In fact, if no one else has taken the bait, I'll offer to "teach" a
>sauce class at Pennsic.  I can do it like the University class, but
>we could cover a lot more ground {and get to meet each other} if some
>other people would agreed to show up with their own samples to show
>off.  It doesn't matter to me whether it gets listed as "my" class or a
>panel discussion; I just want the class to take place.  I'll probably be
>arriving on-site on Monday the 17th, so Tuesday or later would work
>for me.  Any takers?
>
>John le Burguillun
>mka Les Shelton
>Barony of Nottinghill Coill {Western SC}
>Atlantia

Oh, yeah, I'm in.  That sounds just great.   I was actually thinking that
it would be good for others to bring meats or breads to act as samples,
too.  I was thinking about doing this sauce class thing at our Royal
University, but then I realized that it was in Mid-Georgia in July, in
summer camp cabins.  Any cold sauce ideas?
What about the food cost?  I charged $3 dollars a head for my Tastes of
Britain class, which was a whole meal and then some, and made back about
half of what I spent on the class.  Rather than eat more cost, I'd like
to cut costs to make it feasible to teach repeatedly without breaking the
bank.  Sauces alone will be less expensive, but multiple meats adds back
to the cost.  How about asking class participants to bring something to
dip into sauces?  I don't want to do just handouts, tasting is so much
more real.
Just some ramblings, stuff I've been thinking about in response to this
thread.  So, this is the Summer of Sauce?  (30 years after the Summer of
Love, Hmm, WoodSTOCK, Soup Stock, Pennsicsauce, .......:)
Christianna