SC - site fee entitlement

S.Albert morgana at gci.net
Tue Apr 20 01:24:09 PDT 1999

> I was just curious to know
>how those places that have this policy manage it.  Are only "titled"
>positions eligible for free admittance?  (cook, autocrat, gatekeeper)
>or further down the line?  What about the MoL?  any deputies?
>
>______________________
I'm running late on reading these comments (we had an event and feast this
weekend, which kept us busy), but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in here.

Our general attitude, in our small group, is that everybody pays the event
fee, and we charge less for those not planning to attend feast. When
royalty visits, we don't make a big deal out of it, but we know which ones
know that small groups can't absorb many nonpayers and pay the fee at the
gate. However, we do not turn people away if they're genuinely strapped at
the time (we have lots of students and military families); we'd prefer they
attend and participate, and pay the next time they attend.

And this past weekend, we had one extreme example. She paid the full fee,
worked in the kitchen all day (except during the fighting), left before
dinner for another commitment, and then came back the next day for cleanup!
We tried to give her some money back, but she said she'd be content to
contribute it to the barony (always relatively poor). She did, don't worry,
have a fine time. She also took a lot of teasing about not keeping track of
her busy calendar!

I suspect that larger groups can absorb nonpaying staff easier than small
groups like ours. Those extra fees make the difference between breaking
even or losing money.

Your Servant,

Morgana

Morgana yr Oerfa, Baroness      *     Sharron Albert
Winter's Gate/Oertha/West       *     morgana at gci.net
Per saltire gules and sable,    *     Babylon 5/science fiction
in pale two mullets and         *     (astrology/tarot)
in fess an increscent           *     I saw nothing unusual in the teacher's
and a decrescent argent.        *          lounge. --Bart Simpson