SC - Superstitious Foods....

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Wed Apr 21 00:15:04 PDT 1999

ROFL!!!

>>For instance....were there any "Old Wives Tales" about what to eat
before trying to conceive or what to eat if you wanted a boy or
girl....etc.... (no...I'm not trying....thanks!)<<

There's a superstition that you need to hang garlic on the bedpost if you
want a son.  We had a metal frame for the mattress and springs, so put
the garlic cloves between the mattress and the springs.  Worked fine!
Had a lovely boy.  Forgot the garlic cloves.  Found them when we
moved.......had a second lovely boy.  Didn't turn the mattress that side
up any more!

Regards,

Allison, also the mother of a lovely girl

allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA
Kingdom of Aethelmearc