SC - RE: sca-cooks V1 #1365

Jennifer Carlson JCarlson at firstchurchtulsa.org
Thu Apr 22 09:31:50 PDT 1999

Gunther the Puritan wrote:

> I DO NOT! Why I'm perfectly willing to accept anything as chili as long
> as it doesn't include saltines, green peppers, tofu, spaghetti, beans,
> red wine, carrots, or made by anybody north of the Red River.  The
preferred
> meat for true chili is armadillo.

Oh, Your Majesty!  The subjects of the upper half of your realm are as true
a congregation of chili worshippers as ever graced this cathedral!  Maybe
our roadk- er, chili meat, yeah, that's it, chili meat - inclines more
toward raccoon and rabbit than armadillo and tarantula (ah, driving south
during those Ansteorran Augusts, dodging arachnids the size of chihuahuas),
but our chili is stalwart and true!

Suddenly, I have a craving for my mother's thick, pork chili pottage.

Talana
Born in Austin, transplanted to Tulsa, and never saw two cities more alike