SC - Greetings and Chicken, and Reminicesces on Evil List Administrator :-)

Wanda Pease wandapease at bigfoot.com
Thu Apr 22 18:08:50 PDT 1999

Evil List Administrator (ELA), Your Majesty Sir Gunter :-)

  I certainly do remember that enthusiastic young man who was my
savior twice!  For those who don't know I met ELA when he visited me
in Drachenwald on the spur of the moment.  I was the autocrat for
Twelfth Night, which was being held at Frankenstein Castle (yup, there
is a real one, on a tall hill above the town of Darmstadt).  The feast
was catered at the castle restaurant, and we wanted people to be able
to eat and drink (good German Beer, wonderful German wines!) without
worrying about driving down that steep, winding road.  We had laid on
two 40 passenger school busses.  Unfortunately, one of our drivers
couldn't make it  ELA let it be known that he had a bus license...
Saved the evening!  Of course, it meant HE couldn't drink!

   The next time I saw him I was begging seat room at Pennsic War
Court, and this young, very chivalrous KNIGHT!!! offered me his seat.
Sure enough, it was our very own ELA!  Thanks to him I could be right
up front to gather with my peers when two of my proteges were inducted
into the Order of the Pelican!

Bread cast upon the waters, and all that.

By the way Gunter, I am sitting by mother's death bed as I write this
(not tragic, the slow ending to a long, rich life).  Yesterday my
niece sent me this thought:

What Is Success"
by Ralph Waldo Emerson
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of
children;
To earn the approbation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of
false friends;
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To give of one's self;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden
patch, or a redeemed social condition;
To have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived -
This is to have succeeded.
<snip>

She has done all this, and I hope I will be able to say the same in
the end.

- ---->> Regina Romsey

>Yours,
>
>Gunthar
>Rex Ansteorra, KSCA, Companion to the Iris of Merit, Baron, etc...
>
>(This last bit was for Mistress Regina, remember the last time I saw
>you at Pennsic? That wide-eyed kid who crashed at your place in
Drachenwald
>hasn't done too shabby.)

SCA-Cooks".