SC - Fayettevilles (was hi I'm new)

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Tue Apr 27 21:29:14 PDT 1999

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Terri Millette wrote:

> Adamantius, wondering which one it is that the Simpsons live in...
> --
>  some one help me , I can answer this one, the creator of the
> Simpsons is from Springfeild MA.
>
> Fiona( who will never really admit to knowing about the Simpsons)

Fiona,
	Sorry to say this, but you are mistaken. Matt Groening
 is from Springfield OREGON, and currently resides in the Portland area.
Springfield is about 4 miles from here, and is about half the size of
Eugene. It is VERY middle-America, blue-collar sort of place, and while
about half of Springfield will say "Simpsons? Yeah, but don't think
Springfield is _really_ like that", the other half will say "Matt Who?"
	I go to Springfield occasionally because there is a great fabric
store there, and several neat second-hand/antique shops. Otherwise, NOT.

'Lainie (who is quite happy in hippie-town Eugene)
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731