krapfen...was RE: SC -beef stew, was period fruit pastries

grasse at mscd.edu grasse at mscd.edu
Wed Apr 28 07:54:23 PDT 1999

Ann Marie wrote lots of stuff about krapfen (including a fun anecdote) and
said
Apparently, as far as I can tell, modern krapfen are only occasionally
filled, and NOT with apples and nuts.

Are you interested in modern German Krapfen recipes?  Let me know (or
E-mail privately to grasse at mscd.edu) I have a number of German (and Berlin
specific) cookbooks and baking books in German.  I am willing to look
through them for you.

PS spelling note:
"--AM
"ich been ein krapfen!"
been is correctly spelled bin in German, and if it is a noun, like Krapfen,
put a capitol letter in the front  ;-)
Thanks for a smile this morning... I needed it!

Gwen-Cat ^^ ~
Caerthe